Saturday, December 5, 2015

Gluten Free Gift Ideas

I have always liked to give a bag or basket with some items that I know the person I am gifting loves or some things I think they would love. Plus it's fun to create. Here are some ideas for your special gluten free someone.


For make up I would recommend Red Apple Lipstick. Red Apple Lipstick have some of the best lipsticks  I have ever used. All their lipsticks are high quality, pigmented and have great staying power. They also have eyeshadows, lip liners, mascara, and eyeliners. They also just released their 2015 winter collection. They are a little pricey but (so worth it) if you sign up for their v.i.p. program you can get a special discount every month. You can even get a discount if you send in your old toxic lipstick to them. They are also cruelty free, vegan and use natural ingredients. They also have samples so you can get them a few samples so they can try out a few different things.  You can find them at http://www.redapplelipstick.com/

Another green company I would recommend is Brija Cosmetics. Not only are they gluten free they are also vegan and cruelty free. I'm pretty much obsessed with this company. All the products are affordable and amazing. You can find eye products, lip products, blushes, bronzers and more. The cool thing about this company is that the collections are themed. From Mean Girls to Harry Potter there is something for everyone. You can find Brija Cosmetics here http://www.brijacosmetics.com/

For bath products I love Andalou Naturals. They have amazing products. They have hand creams, lotions, shower gels, face masks, and much more. They also test for gluten, use clean ingredients and are cruelty free. https://andalou.com/

Baking mixes! It's winter so why not gift some gluten free baking mixes. I recommend Pamela Products. There mixes are easy to make and taste great. Find them at your local health store or at their website http://www.pamelasproducts.com/

When I first was diagnosed I had a friend who already had Celiac Disease. She taught me a lot and I was blessed to have her support. For my first Christmas as a Celiac one of my gifts she gave me was a recipe box full her gluten free and delicious recipes. It helped so much. It made me feel more at ease and confident that my gluten free food could taste great and wouldn't be a headache to make. You can get some recipes online or even get a gluten free recipe book. I would recommend http://kcstartedthefire.blogspot.com/ for recipes and
http://www.imaceliac.com/store if you want a good recipe book.

You can get your special gluten free someone a Love With Food Box Gluten Free Box Subscription. They will get a box every month full of gluten free snacks. All of the items are safe for people with Celiac Disease. What I love is that for every box purchased they donate a meal to a hungry child. Now that is awesome. There is an annual plan but there also is a three or six month subscription plan and even a month to month plan so you have a few options. Feel free to use my link here for 50% off your first box. Love With Food Gluten Free Box

Tea is a great gift. You have to be careful because some tea brands might use share equipment that processes wheat and you want to make sure your not getting tea that is contaminated. Some I know and use are Bigelow, Zhenas and Raizana.

  •  You can find Bigelow Teas https://www.bigelowtea.com/ here and I have found them at regular grocery stores. You can put them in a mason jar or a cute tea cup.

  •  Zhenas teas are delicious and amazing. They are certified gluten free, free trade, organic, certified vegan, kosher and more. They have tea bags and lose leaf teas. Plus they come in really cute containers so they are perfect for a gift. Find them here https://www.zhenas.com/

  •  Raizana Tea Co. come in many flavors and are lose leaf. They taste great and are also gluten free and vegan. They also sell tea infusers so you can pair them with some tea samples and a mug. You can save with my link here Raizana Tea
If your friend prefers coffee I recommend Lanna Coffee.  This an amazing company. They actually help Thailand Villages become self-sustainable. Additionally,  Twenty five percent of profits goes back to the village to help with health care, get clean water and more. Not to mention their coffee is delicous! http://www.lannacoffeeco.com/

A Planner is perfect for someone with Celiac Disease. You can use it to plan out recipes and menus. It can really help out when they are busy and do not have much time. Most Celaics do not have safe places to go eat whenever they feel like so most likely they are making all their food at home. You can get one at a store and there are tons of cute ones on etsy.com if you want it personalized.

So I hoped I helped you get some ideas. If you have any of your own ideas leave a comment down below. The more ideas the better. Happy Holidays and thank you for a wonderful year. 




2 comments:

  1. So kbsessed with brija, haha thanks for mentioning me. You're an awesome friend I'm happy to help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem your the best! I had to share. =)

      Delete