Friday, November 14, 2014

Everyday Minerals 7-Piece Sample Kit Review

Every foundation that I have ever tried has made me break out after one use. It could be powder foundation or liquid, non natural or natural but it would always end up the same. I usually have dry skin and it tends to be red so I need a foundation to help even out my skin tone and one that will not dry out my skin. Another problem that I had when turning to more natural foundations is that some companies don't have shades for darker skin tones. I then heard about Everyday Minerals and checked out their site. They carry some darker shades and do not use any gluten containing ingredients in their makeup. The are also cruelty free. One cool thing that caught my eye is they have a 7-Piece Sample Kit that you get for free! All you have to do is pay for shipping. Shipping starts at $2.40. You get to pick five samples and are gifted two more. You can choose base samples in matte, semi-matte and Jojoba. They also have finishing dust, bronzer and blush.

One thing I also learned was what my undertone color is. I took their test and thought I might have a neutral undertone. For my base samples I chose Rosy tan C (a cool toned foundation just in case), Semi-matte in tan neutral, and a jojoba honey beige (also a neutral). I also chose a bronze finishing powder sample and a bronzer sample in the shade gimme a kissimmee. Then I was given a sample of peony petal blush and a sample of sunlight finishing dust. Sure enough I am a neutral. The neutral foundations blended into my skin perfectly.

The shipping was pretty fast. I got my package in about four days I believe. The samples comes in round pods and have plenty of product. You will be able to use it multiple times. I would suggest putting them in individual baggies or containers so they won't spill out.

I'm happy to say that after using it all week I did not break out at all wearing any of the Everyday Mineral products! It did not irate my skin whatsoever. I am now intrested in the concelears as well. I have heavy dark circles and have not found any product that I really love.


Jojoba Base: I really love this sample. It's soft and has a nice texture and consistency. It does not dry out my skin and I'll be using it during this fall and winter season. The coverage is buildable and was able to cover all my redness. I'm definitely going to purchase this in a full size jar which is only $14.00.

Semi-Matte: I really liked the semi-matte base foundation as well. It worked well, stayed on all day and helped even up my skin. I think this would be perfect for the summer months for me. It is also $14.00 for a full size.


Finishing Dust: The finishing dusts are translucent. The sunlight finishing dust helps redness and I find that the bronze finishing dust also helps get rid of redness. Full sizes are $14.00.

 Ok So kind of embarrassing but the picture on the left is before I got ready for the day without make-up and serious bed head. The other picture is with Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte foundation and bronze finishing dust. I'm also wearing Red Apple Lipstick in Drama. Please excuse the hair lol. I'm trying to grow out my red dye job I got before going natural.

Blush/Bronzer: I really enjoyed the sample blush in Peony. It is a really lovely color. It gives you a nice flush of color without being overwhelming. The bronzer in Gimme a Kissimmee is also a very nice color and works very well. Here are some swatches. Full size bronzers are $14.00 and full size blushes are $12.00


 







Let's Review:
I would not repurchase                           Like It                                   Love It

Gluten Free Status: They do not use any gluten in any of their products.

Where can you purchase?: https://www.everydayminerals.com/store/

Price: Samples are free just pay shipping. Full size foundations are $14.00.

Have you tried Everyday Minerals? What did you like? What did you not like? Feel free to comment and follow. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment