Thursday, October 16, 2014

Physicians Formula Make up Review

When I first started replacing my makeup, one of the first make up brands I bought was Physician's Formula. It's not one of the most natural makeup brands but most of their products are gluten free and most do not contain parabens. Also, you can get them at drugstores and Target so they are really accessible.

The first product I got was the Physicians Formula All-in-1 Beauty Balm make up kit. It comes with three products which are the BB concealer, BB Cream and BB powder. It claims to be gluten free, hypoallergenic, fragrance fee, paraben free and dermatologist approved. The kit is $19.99 which is a good deal because individually they go for around $13.00 and up for each product (depending where you get them). The kit came in light/medium. I really wish the kit was available in more color ranges because it is much lighter in person than in the box. I can pull it off if I blend it but otherwise it's too light for me. Here is a picture of the trio. The packaging is a plus. It's really cute I love the sparkle.

I'll Start with the BB Cream. It comes in a 1.2 oz. Tube and it has a SPF of 30. It will give you light to medium coverage. It's great for  the days you just don't want to put a lot of makeup up but still want some coverage. It's moisturizing but that being said it has caused me to break out.

The BB concealer comes in a 0.14 oz. tube and also has a SPF of 30. You twist the top for product to come out. I have really dark under eye circles so, I'm always looking for a good concealer. This concealer works good for blemishes and ok for under eyes but I'm still on the hunt for a holy grail concealer. I don't think I would purchase this product separately.

The last product in the kit is the BB powder. By itself it gives light to medium coverage but if you want heavier coverage you can use the BB Cream with the BB powder. It's soft and feels lightweight. The compact has two compartments as you can see in the picture. One compartment has the powder and the other one has the mirror. It also came with a small brush that I never used. I don't think the brush is very useful and I'm pretty sure I lost it.

Overall, I think I would only repurchase the BB Cream in the winter when my skin is really dry and only if I found it in a darker color. Here are some swatches so you can have an idea of what colors they are. The first one the left is the BB Cream, the middle is the BB Concealer and the last one (you cant see it very well) is the BB Powder.

 

Then I got two Physicians Formula Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Trios. Good natural Eyeliners can be hard to find so I'm always on the hunt. Each box comes in a trio and is around $9.99. I got the nude eyes and blue eyes. The nude eyes come in a black, pewter and champaign. The blue eyes come in black, dark blue and brown. I prefer the blue eyes eyeliner because I like darker liners since lighter browns tend to be the color of my eyelids. The packaging is very pleasing to the eyes but the tops tend to come off easily. I put one eyeliner in makeup bag and by the end of the day eyeliner was crushed. I wasn't throwing my purse around so that shouldn't have happened. They are very smooth and buttery so it is easy to apply or even make a wing. They also have some shimmer in them. They don't stay on all day so you probably have to reapply after a few hours.

Here I have swatches featuring blue and black (from blue eyes) and pewter (from nude eyes).




 
 
 
Let's Review:

Packaging?: Great packaging for the BB kit and bad packaging for the eyeliners.


Gluten Free Status? The list all their gluten free items on the packages as well as their website.

Price: Prices are not to bad and start at $9.99 and up

The Verdict: No Bueno   I like It     Love it   I think it's great if you want to pick something up at the store vs. ordering online.

Where can you buy it?: Most drugstores and Target. You can also find them at www.physicansformula.com

Feel Free to post your thoughts in the comment section. Have you tried Physicians Formula? Do you like it? Do you hate it? What's your favorite item?

All opinions are my own. I was not paid to review this company and all products were bought myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment