Friday, October 24, 2014

October Favorites

I am going to do a favorites series once a month on my favorite new products. I will be featuring one blog, natural products, makeup products and food products. So, here we go.

Blogs:
One of my favorite blogs to read is run by 17 year old Taylor Miller. He has a lot of knowledge about Celiac disease and gluten free products. He has a great story on his journey and I always look forward to reading his new posts. He also started a gluten free virtual expo! Not everyone lives by a big city and is able to attend a gluten free expo so he created one that anyone who access to a copmputer can attend. There are giveaways, web seminars, and free samples. So check out his blog so you can find out when the next one will take place.
www.glutenaway.blogspot.com

Natural Products:

A friend of mine was given a box of Desert Essence toothpaste and when she saw that It was gluten free she gave me some. It is a natural tea tree oil toothpaste that is also fluoride free and SLS free. It's mint flavored and has baking soda. The taste is great and my mouth stays fresh for a long time. It costs about $4.70 on www.iherb.com I couldn't find this flavor of toothpaste on skin deep but a similar Desert Essence toothpaste rated a 1.







I love Kiss My Face Olive and Green Tea Soap. Its a bar soap and is just as moisturizing as a liquid body soap. My skin is very dry and sensitive so I was scared switching from dove soap which is the one I used for years. Not only did the Kiss My Face bar work out, I like it even better than dove soap. It is $3.06(8oz. bar) or 4 bars for $11.93 on Iherb.com. They last a good while so I think its a great value. It rates a 0 on the skin deep website.











Makeup:
My favorite go to lipstick this month is Drama ($23.00) from Red Apple Lipstick. It is perfect for the for fall. It's rich, pigmented, and creamy. It is available at www.redapplelipstick.com I have a Red Apple Lipstick review up if you want to check it out.

My favorite eyeshadow this month is Reindeer ($5.00) from Brija Cosmetics. It's just so pretty! I'm in love with it. I also discovered Brija's eyeshadow primer ($6.00). It works really well and is so inexpensive. You can get them at www.brijacosmetics.com and her etsy shop https://www.etsy.com/shop/BrijaCosmetics She also just released a Downtown Abby Collection and a Dexter Collection. I have a Brija Cosmetics Review if you would like to check it out.



Food:
Udi's Omega Flax & Fiber Bread is my favorite gluten free bread of all time. I have always liked hearty whole grain breads so when I tried this bread I loved it. Also, most gluten free foods do not have much fiber. Flax is a wonderful source of fiber. In Udi's Omega Flax & Fiber Bread there are 6 grams of fiber in one serving which is really good compared to Whole Wheat bread which typically has 1.9 grams in one serving. The bread is around $4.99-$6.00 depending where you get it. You can visit their website http://udisglutenfree.com/products/omega-flax-fiber/ to find where it's available near you.



Mrs. May's Cran-blueberry crunch is my favorite gluten free snack. It's so good and filling. You can find them at Costco, Vons, on their website and a few other stores. They cost $1.60. I have more information on them in my Snack Series. www.mrsmays.com        








Although oatmeal is naturally gluten free it is usually processed on equipment with gluten containing products. You have to make sure that the oatmeal your eating is certified gluten free. My husband found the new Gluten Free Chex Oatmeal at Vons and got me the flavors in apple and maple syrup. Both are delicious and perfect for fall and winter. They are great if you need to make a quick breakfast but want something healthier and filling. You can find them in most stores and they are around $3.00 for 6 pouches.




 
So those are my favorites for October. Have you tried any of these products? Did you like them? Did you not like them? Feel free to comment and follow. Hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment