Monday, January 26, 2015

Vons Gluten Free Haul and Review-Eggo and Mission Flour Tortillas-

I was browsing Vons this week and to my surprise I found Eggo Gluten Free Waffles and Gluten Free Flour Mission Tortillas! After I did my happy dance I snagged a couple of each and tried them out.












Eggo Gluten Free Waffles
They come in original flavor and cinnamon. They both were very good. They were fluffy and taste like regular waffles! I loved that they were not hard and rough like some gluten free waffles. They were around $2.50 each. While I am trying to eat less processed foods it's still nice to try and have something like this once and awhile. You can find more info about them on their website https://www.leggomyeggo.com/en_US/products/waffles/eggo-gluten-free-cinnamon-product.html#nutrition-modal

Ingredients:













Mission Gluten Free Tortillas
I am a huge fan of Udi's Gluten Free Flour Tortillas because all the other gluten free tortillas I have tried taste more like wraps than tortillas. Most of them even feel and taste rubbery. I hoped the Mission Gluten Free Tortillas would be good and they are! First off I love that they are not frozen. Although I love Udi's tortillas they are frozen and have to be defrosted completely (or they can be kind of chewy) and then warmed up or toasted on a griddle. The Mission Tortillas are ready to be toasted on a griddle immediately just like regular tortillas. The texture is wonderful. It does not taste chewy or uncooked. I do prefer the Udi's tortillas taste (they taste homemade) but the Mission Tortillas are good too. You can hardly tell a difference between them and regular flour tortillas. They come in an 8pack and cost $5.99 (at Vons). They are not listed on their website yet but I'll list the website anyway incase I missed it or they add them to the product list later.
http://www.missionfoodservice.com/default.aspx

Ingredients :












Have you tried these new gluten free products? If you have let me know if you liked them or why you didn't like them. Don't forget to subscribe by email to get my latest posts. -Sylvia

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking a picture of the ingredients. Thats the first thing I want to look foe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. :) I thought I should start listing them since a lot of us have multiple allergies.

    ReplyDelete