Friday, November 21, 2014

Cayon Bakehouse Bakery Review

I was lucky enough to win the Canyon Bakehouse Bakery prize at the last Virtual Gluten Free Expo at www.glutenaway.com. There is going to be another one soon so you should visit the gluten away website for more details. Besides being certified gluten free and being made in a dedicated gluten free facility their bread is also kosher, dairy free, nut free, GMO free, casein free, and soy free. Their products are also whole grain. All their products are also a good source of fiber (2 grams a serving) which we can often eat to little of on a gluten free diet. They do contain eggs which I know can be a problem for some people. Here is my review.

White Bread: 7-Grain Bread, Deli Rye Style, and Cinnamon Raisin. The size is decent about the same size as Udi's bread. Their shelf life is about week at room temperature and a few months when kept in the freezer. I tried them both at room temperature and toasted. The taste it's self is great. The Cinnamon Raisin is perfect to make french toast with or just to eat alone toasted with some coffee. The Deli Rye is good but I never tried regular rye bread so I can't really compare the two. Although the bread is really good Udi's is still my favorite brand.


Update: I tried Canyon Bakehouse Bread again because I was tired of finding huge holes in my Udis bread and I couldn't believe how much I now prefer Canyon Bakehouse. The taste and texture is more like real bread. Even my Husband and Son loved it.

Focaccia Bread: This bread is so good. It's already cooked so you can eat it right out of the bag but you can also heat it up in the oven. I cut it into slices like bread sticks. It's perfect to eat with Italian food.

Hamburger Buns: The Hamburger buns were really good toasted. They have a great taste to them. The remind me of the kind of buns you would eat with a deli style sandwich. They also have sesame seeds which I have really missed on hamburger buns. I would probably buy these over Udi's hamburger buns which can be be too thick for me.

Muffins: I honestly was not expecting much from their muffins but I was very pleasantly surprised. They are sweet, hearty and just plain delicious. I love the poppy seeds and the cranberries. They give it a little something extra but do not overwhelmed the muffin. I will be repurchasing these muffins.



Price?: $5.00 and up and they sometimes have coupons on their website

Where Can I buy?: Check Canyon Bakehouse's website for stores near you or buy on their website http://www.cayonbakehouse.com

Gluten Free Status: All Certified gluten free and made in a dedicated factory.

Have you tried Canyon Bakehouse Bakery? What did you like and what didn't you like? What is your favorite gluten free bread? Any suggestions on a product I should review next?

No comments:

Post a Comment