Saturday, October 4, 2014

Brija Cosmetics Review

Brija Cosmetics Review


 
 
 
I had been watching a lot of natural makeup video bloggers on YouTube when I found Brianna's channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/iluvjesse444 She does wonderful makeup looks, has a lot of knowledge on natural products and is gluten free. So, after watching some videos I discovered she makes and sells natural, cruelty free makeup. Her makeup line is called Brija Cosmetics. After watching some positive reviews on her makeup, I emailed her to see if her products were also gluten free and sure enough she confirmed they all are.  
 
She has eye shadows (both cream and lose), an eye primer, blushes, lip products and a water line pencil. She also has themed collections. She just released a Downtown Abby Collection and just announced two new collections that she will be releasing in the future (Dexter and Harry Potter). I'm am beyond excited for the HP collection. She also does a gift with purchase when you spend over $15.00 (before shipping). She also let's you participate on choosing a new color of the month eye shadow. Go to htpp://www.facebook.com/brijacosmetics for more info. She has a website and etsy shop. I believe the site is a little cheaper but her prices are very low anyway. I will post the links at the bottom.
 
Shipping is only 2.75 on her site and is fast. I believe I got my package in about two or three days after it shipped. Her Tat can be a little long (maybe around 7 days?) because she is a full time student. She does mention that on her site. It doesn't bother me much because most indie companies Tat can be a little long.
 
The packaging is so cute. It comes in a small red bag which I love because I can repurpose it. It also comes with a card with her info. The eye shadow packaging it's self its nice. As you can see in the pictures they are not just plain but match what collection/theme it's from.
                                                                                                       
The first thing I picked up was her eye shadow primer. I don't have oily lids but I thought it would come in handy for cream eye shadows and the summer heat when eye shadows tend to crease. I was pleasantly surprised. It was only $6.00 and really makes my eye shadow last all day.

Then I got some loose eye shadows and eye shadow samples. Her loose eye shadows are 5.00 for a 5gram jar and 1.25 for a sample. I got Strive from her Downtown Abby Collection. It's a very pretty purple (I love purple eye shadows!) with a hint of copper. I also had to pick up September's color of the month called Just Sayian. I am a big dragon ball z fan so I knew I had to buy it. I'm glad I did. It's a burnt orange with gold. It's perfect for fall. I am also a huge Disney fan so I picked up a Yzmopolis sample from her Disney Villains line. It is inspired by The Emperor's New Groove character Yzma (one of my favorite movies). It's a light purple with some silver shimmer. I pretty much want everything from this line. I also got a sample of Reindeer. It is gorgeous! It is easily one of my favorite eye shadow colors of all time. It's a warm brown with some gold sparkle. I will definitely be picking up this in a full size on my next order.
 
 

 
Let's Review:

Packaging?: I love the packaging. Very well done.


Gluten Free Status? She confirmed that her products are gluten free. I don't have information on her suppliers so you may want to check with her if that is a concern for you.

Price: Great prices. I believe there is not one item over $10.00.

The Verdict: No Bueno   I like It     Love it  I will definitely be ordering more in the future.

Where can you buy it?: www.brijacosmetics.com or her etsy shop https://www.etsy.com/shop/BrijaCosmetics?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Feel Free to post your thoughts in the comment section. Have you tried Brija? What is your favorite item?

All opinions are my own. I was not paid to review this company and all products were bought myself.

My next make up review will be on Physician's Formula so be sure to follow.








2 comments: